The design in Blood Suckers II is high-end – Net Entertainment just don't make ugly looking games. The setting is a chamber within a castle. Amilia, with crossbow ever-present, watches over the action to the left of the reels. Symbols include gemstone-style playing cards suits alongside a quartet of vampires. The bearded dandy in red is the best of the four, awarding 500 coins (or 20 times your stake) if you land 5 on a payline.
By far the most rewarding symbol is the wild - it substitutes for everything apart from the scatter and bonus symbols and awards a massive 10,000 coins (or 400 times your total bet) if you're lucky enough to land 5 in combination. There are plenty of features to get stuck into in Blood Suckers II – they are as follows:
- Scatter Shot feature - this is triggered when you land 2 scatter symbols on the same spin. Amilia can fire her cross bow and shoot another scatter onto the reels and in the process, trigger the Blood Rose Free Spins feature with 10 free spins. All medium level symbols pay between 10 and 100 coins every time they appear.
- Bonus Shot feature - this is also triggered at random and can add an overlay Bonus symbol to reels 1, 2 or 3, boosting you chances of landing the Hidden Treasure Bonus feature (more info below).
- Blood Suckers II comes with a pair of bonus features that can be triggered in the more usual manner.
- Blood Rose Free Spins feature - land 3 or more scatters anywhere on the reels and you'll be awarded 10 free spins. All payouts here are boosted by a 3x multiplier and trebled. You can land more free spins here too giving you up to 20 free spins in total. This is where the biggest wins will theoretically come from as there’s a blood-sucking 1,298 times your stake to be won on each free spin.
- Hidden Treasure Bonus feature - you need to land 3 bonus symbols on successive reels, starting from reel 1 to trigger this multi-level pick'em round. Pick from the coffins shown to reveal coin wins, a key which advances you to the next level or a scatter. If you reach the last level (5), you will win an additional bonus of 40 times your total bet.
Collect 3 scatters during the picks and you'll trigger the Blood Rose Free Spins feature. Keep on picking until you find a demon. If you triggered the feature with 4 bonus symbols, all the coin prizes on offer are doubled. They're trebled if you triggered the game with 5. Prizes of up to 670 times your stake are theoretically possible here.
The original Blood Suckers was a huge hit and the sequel looks set to follow suit. The visuals have certainly been upgraded and mark II looks terrific. Net Entertainment hasn't shirked on extras either and there's plenty of action on offer here thanks to the pick'em round and the free spins with trebling multiplier. Be warned though, it’s a high variance game.
We thoroughly enjoyed the first Blood Suckers outing - offering even better design and a similar array of feature action, Blood Suckers II looks like being another smasher from Net Entertainment.