Like the other slot games in this franchise, there’s a high spec look to the design in Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas. With the sea and sky in the background, the reels are made up of lower value royal symbols as well as Pegasus the flying horse and a quartet of Greek gods and goddesses.
Poseidon is the most rewarding standard symbol, paying 3.33 times your stake if you land 5 in a line. Better still is the wild which delivers payouts of up to 8.33 times your stake per payline. Keep a special eye out for Poseidon’s trident which is the scatter. This is crucial to activating the wealth of extras on offer in Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas.
In game Respin features - land 2 scatters on the same spin and you’ll receive a respin on an expanded 6 row, 60 payline machine. These respins can deliver some modifier extras too. Look out for special framed symbol positions. Extras are awarded depending on their colour and which symbol lands in the frame.
- Poseidon Respins feature - land 1 of the 5 higher value symbols in a yellow frame and it, and all matching symbols, becomes wild.
- Athena Respins feature - a wild in a red frame turns 8 adjacent symbols wild too.
- Medusa Respins feature - land a winner that includes a symbol in a purple frame and it receives a multiplier boost. You’ll also get another respin.
- Cyclops Respins feature - a wild in a green frame expands horizontally to fill an entire row.
- Pegasus Respins feature - a low value symbol in a blue frame turns all lower value symbols elsewhere on the reels into the same symbol.
Land 3 trident scatters and you’ll land the free spins round. There are 5 options here. You have to trigger the round multiple times to unlock all of them. In all cases, you’ll receive 5 free spins to start with. These take place on a 5 reel, 8 row, 90 payline machine. Each set of free spins comes with the modifiers linked to their equivalent respins. The framed symbol positions are again key:
- Pegasus Free Games feature - a low value symbol in a blue frame transforms all low value symbols into the same matching symbol.
- Cyclops Free Games feature - a wild in a green frame turns a whole row wild.
- Medusa Free Games feature - a winning combination in a purple frame gets a multiplier boost.
- Athena Free Games feature - a wild in a red frame turns 8 adjoining symbols into a cluster of wilds.
- Poseidon Free Games feature - a higher paying deity symbol in a yellow frame turns all matching symbols elsewhere on the reels into wilds.
Like the other slot games in the series, Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas comes a progressive jackpot element. This round can trigger at random. In the bonus game, pick 3 matching jackpot symbols and that’s the prize awarded.
Age of the Gods: Ruler of the Seas is one of the better slot games in the Age of the Gods series. The sound and visuals are as well done as you’d expect and there’s plenty of range to the gameplay. If you like variety, then you won’t be disappointed here.
Variance wise, it’s medium to high with top wins of 7,500 times your stake on each respin or free spin involving Medusa’s multipliers. For me, it’s 1 of the better Age of the Gods titles alongside Age of the Gods (the original). If you like Poseidon though, Age of the Gods also features this god of the seas.