There’s a suitably lavish look to the design in Age of the Gods: Mighty Midas. The setting is an ornate room in a palace. On the reels you’ll see grapes, goblets, apples, roses and a chicken dinner. They’re joined by 5 higher value character symbols. The best of these is Midas himself who will get you a payout of 12.5 times your stake if you land 5 on 1 of the game’s 40 paylines.
On any spin you could see a Midas Touch symbol hit on reels 3, 4 or 5. This turns the symbol on the reel directly to its left to turn into a golden wild. A symbol drop then follows and a new payout calculation is made. If a Midas Touch symbol points to a Golden Wild, it adds a multiplier to turn it into a 2x wild. If a Midas Touch points at a 2x Golden Wild, the multiplier increases to 3x. This is called the Midas Multipliers feature.
Land the Pentagram scatter on reels 1 and 5 on the same spin and you’ll trigger the following bonus features:
- Emerald Bonus feature - the scatter from reel 1 will reveal a cash value. The scatter on reel 5 then awards a multiplier which is then applied to your cash value to give an overall payout.
- Ruby Spins feature - this free spins round comes gives you 7 free spins with multiplier wilds. The value of those multipliers is on show on the tower to the right of the reels. If the Midas Touch points to a multiplier wild, the multipliers are combined and can top 30x!
- Amber Spins feature – with 5 free spins on offer, 1 symbol is chosen at random on each free spin to become a Golden Wild. Multipliers can reach up to 3x is this round.
- Sapphire Spins feature –wilds are central to the action here. You’ll receive 5 free spins. On the first, 55 wilds are added to reel 2. One the second, 40 wilds are added to reel 3 with 60 wilds added to reel 4 on the third. All added wilds will remain on their strips for any free spins you have left.
- Amethyst Spins feature – with 3 free spins on offer, the Midas Touch symbols are double stacked which offers the potential for plenty of extra wilds and multipliers.
As part of the Age of the Gods Jackpot Network, you’ll also have a shot at landing a progressive prize here. The round can hit at any time. Pick from the coins to see which jackpot is awarded.
In the Greek myth, Midas’ touch was a curse. It can be a real blessing in this slot game though. Those extra wilds can really get things moving, especially when you trigger the free spin rounds. There’s up to 8,650 times your stake on offer from each Ruby Spin with the potential 30x multiplier!
The design is as impressive as usual for an Age of the Gods slot game. The range of features really stand out here though. If you like the Greek myth and legend theme, then Age of the Gods: Mighty Midas is a must play. I would also suggest you try Age of the Gods which is volatile and has lots of free spins features.