As usual for a Net Entertainment offering, the design in Conan is very high end. Joining the lower value coins are ropes, swords and helmets as well as members of the Barbarian leader’s court. Conan is the top payer. Land 6 across a payline for a payout of 6 times your total stake. There are also 2 different wilds. More on them below.
6 base game features
If the high spec design is a given, the range of extras on offer in Conan come as something of a surprise. There are base game modifiers as well as triggered bonus features:
- Mystery Symbols feature - the hissing cobra is the Mystery Symbol. When these land on reels 3 and 4, they morph into the same matching symbol and a new payout consideration is made.
- Tower Wilds feature - when these special wilds land on reels 1 and 2, they can expand to fill or partially fill the whole reel.
- Battle Wilds feature - these wilds can expand to fill up to 3 adjoining positions when they hit on reels 5 and 6.
- Mystery Multiplier feature - if you manage to fill the whole of reel 3 or 4 with Mystery Symbols, then you’ll also benefit from a multiplier which can send the payout rocketing by between 3x and 7x.
- Thoth-Amon feature - hope to see a full stack of Mystery Symbols as well as the Battle or Tower Wilds on the same spin. Even more Mystery Symbols are added to the middle reels to boost your chances of landing a big winning cluster.
- Linked Reels feature – 2 reels can randomly display the same symbols for increasing winning potential
3 free spins features with Linked Reels
Land 3 or more scatters on the same spin and you’ll activate the free spins round. You’ll then have the pick of 3 different rounds. With 3, 4, 5 or 6 scatters giving you 10, 15, 25 or 50 free spins, the Linked Reels feature applies on every free spin with up to 6 reels being linked! Anyway, here are your options:
- City of Thieves Free Spins feature - the extra on offer in this low to medium volatility round is the Tower Wilds feature where Tower Wilds expand to partially fill/fully fill a reel.
- Walls of Tarantia Free Spins feature - this is also a low variance pick. The Battle Wilds are in play throughout these free spins meaning they will expand horizontally.
- Temple of the Serpent Free Spins feature - for something a little more volatile, choose this option. Here Mystery Symbols and Stacked Mystery symbols can appear on all 6 reels. Fill a whole reel with Mystery Symbols and the multipliers of between 3x and 7x are activated. You can also trigger the Thoth-Amon feature in this round.
Not many better-looking slot games
You won’t find many better looking and sounding slot games than Conan. The visuals are superbly drawn the sweeping score fits the theme perfectly. The range of extras impresses too. The modifiers can spice up the base game and the extras can make the free spins feel like it’s worth hitting.
2,016 x stake max wins
Saying that, the most you can win on each spin or free spin is a mere 288 times your stake – if you add in the 7x multiplier from the Mystery Multiplier feature, you can pocket up to 2,016 times your stake on each of those spins or free spins. The chances of winning that are remote.
Could have had higher maximum payouts
If you like your slot games to come with quality design, then you’ll find just that in Conan. We enjoyed the features too. However, this is Net Entertainment’s worst ever branded slot game due to the low win potential – it’s a pity though as it does look great.
On a brighter note, I would try Narcos (based on the Netflix series about drug lord Pablo Escobar) and Vikings (based on the epic television series) as they both offer bigger wins (they are also both by Net Entertainment).